Written by Adrian Wozniak: Sugar and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) are not just in soft drinks, pastries, and candies. They are hidden in most processed foods, condiments and sauces. Sometimes the sweetening ingredients in those foods and condiments are disguised as dextrose or corn syrup (which is most likely genetically modified) instead of sugar or HFCS.
Are you a sugar-holic? High consumption kills
Michael Meacher, the former minister of the environment for the UK, said, “Any baby food containing GM products could lead to a dramatic rise in allergies.” GM corn is particularly problematic for children, as they generally eat a higher percentage of corn in their diet. Further, allergic children often rely on corn protein. Mothers using cornstarch as a talc substitute on their children’s skin might also inadvertently expose them via inhalation.
- Mice eating GM corn for the long term had fewer, and smaller, babies
- Rodents fed GM corn and soy showed immune system responses and signs of toxicity
- Soy allergies skyrocketed by 50% in the UK, soon after GM soy was introduced
- If the gene that creates Bt-toxin in GM corn were to transfer, it might turn our intestinal bacteria into living pesticide factories.
- The stomach lining of rats fed GM potatoes showed excessive cell growth, a condition that may lead to cancer.
- Studies showed organ lesions, altered liver and pancreas cells, changed enzyme levels, etc.
- By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies
- More than half the babies of mother rats fed GM soy died within three weeks, and were smaller
They say we don’t have to test these or label these for GMO content???
- Who’s in charge here?
- Who’s responsible for this?
- Are they substituting us for lab rats?
Thank you for PASSING IT ON to spread the word. Together we can make a change.
Other Resources. “What we do today effects our Future.” Vote Label Food “Non-GMO”
- Americans Are Killing Themselves With Sugar (revolutioninmedia.com)
- Nutritional Eating in the Age of Food Fabrication Pt. 3: HFCS (cleanyourplate.net)
- High Fructose Corn Syrup: The Dark Lord of Nutrition (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Americans are killing themselves with sugar (blogginghounds.wordpress.com)
- 60 Minutes Confirms All Calories Are Not Equal (valerieberkowitz.wordpress.com)