RBGH also increases the risk of mastitis, which sometimes leads to pus, bacteria and blood getting into the milk. Federal law in the US allows up to 50 million pus cells per cup of milk. If rBGH is so dangerous and is banned in the EU, why is it legal in the US? The CPC believes that, “Monsanto Co., the manufacturer of rBGH, has influenced U. S. product safety laws permitting the sale of unlabeled rBGH milk.” Another contaminant found in cow’s milk is pesticide residues. Residues are fat soluble, which means they become concentrated in the milk and tissues of animals. (Doris Lin Source)
Food You Eat Daily Has Nine Dirty Secrets Will Stop You Eating It
(1) Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH): It’s injected into cows to force more milk production. Monsanto created it by combining cow DNA and E. coli (really). Now Eli Lily owns it.
It infects cows’ udders, causing gross malformations and demands a plethora of antibiotic injections which furthers the creation of antibiotic resistant superbugs. It also leaves small amounts of pus in consumers’ milk.
For a few years, farmers who labeled their milk “no rBGH” were harassed with “legal actions” by Monsanto. That level of free speech has been halted, yet rBGH treated milk is not labeled.
(2) Toxic drugs in meat: The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has determined that meat inspectors lack the wherewithal to find certain toxic drug residues in meats from factory farming. Parasites and bacteria can be cooked out. Drugs and heavy metals can’t be cooked out.
(3) Gourmet meats: Calves are placed into tiny crates to prevent any movement then slaughtered before full maturity. Their muscles aren’t developed, so their tender meat is served as veal.
Despite images of geese and ducks with bleeding throats struggling to breathe and barely able to walk, force feeding fowl to create the bloated liver “delicacy” known as foie gras continues in the USA.
(4) Salmonella: The perpetrator of the most recent huge egg salmonella outbreak, Jack DeCoster, only had to recall a half-billion eggs after causing 1600 illnesses.
He wasn’t shut down or arrested or fined despite the atrocious disease potential conditions of hen houses that are common among egg producers, including Tyson Foods. Instead of creating better conditions, they just inject the hens with more antibiotics.
(5) Antibiotics: Speaking of antibiotics, 70 percent of existing antibiotics are injected into livestock. The consumed meat brings antibiotics into human bodies. Added to this factor is the overuse of antibiotics for humans. The result is more antibiotic resistance and superbugs such as MRSA.
(6) Extreme growth promoters: The EU doesn’t allow antibiotics or extreme growth promoters to be used on livestock. The USDA is all for it. Even arsenic is allowed to make chickens grow bigger, faster. Enjoy your chicken wings.
(7) HACCP: Stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. It actually restricts meat inspectors by leaving it up to the companies to assure the cleanliness and safety of their meats.
The inspectors come around to check on whether they’re doing the quality control methods those companies had proposed, yet they wind up having to look the other way as they push out contaminated meat.
Mad cow results from mixing cow parts in with cattle feed, causing the neurodegenerative disease bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) that can also contaminate humans.
(9) Cloned livestock: The FDA and USDA claim there is no difference between cloned and natural livestock, so it needn’t be labeled. This reasoning mimics GMO and rBGH non labeling issues. Monsanto really does control the FDA and USDA.
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036019_food_industry_secrets_rBGH.html#ixzz1wM1GTkCU
Sources for this article include:
Mad cow quarantines lifted at 2 California dairies (mercurynews.com)
Mad Cow Disease May Infect Through Milk Despite USDA Claims (activistpost.com)
- Monsanto threatens the sue the entire state of Vermont (rt.com)
- Would You Eat Radioactive Tuna…Milk? (wholefed.org)
- FDA, USDA Say “Don’t Worry About Mad Cow Disease” (todayinfoodsafety.com)
- Big Agriculture’s Big Secrets: 9 Things You Need to Know About the Food You Eat (tleonidas.wordpress.com)
- Go Dairy-Free or Go Home (drklemmnd.com)
- FDA & federal judge shut down Amish farm for selling raw milk (12160.info)
- How Now NO Cow! (mamavega.wordpress.com)
- RBGH: recombinant-Bovine Growth Hormone (realorganics101.wordpress.com)
- With Food, Simple is Always Good, Right? (fooducate.com)
- The Political Plate (skydancingblog.com)